🎃🦇The Countdown begins!🦇🎃
Have we got you under our spell now? If not, these spooky details may just have you dying to join the fun! Canadian Cosplay Community is proud to announce the 3rd Annual #costober contest!
Due to the success of previous years we're at it again. We're releasing the prompts now to give you all plenty of time to get yourselves ready.
Time to dust off those cosplays and costumes again for a full month of daily themes!
👉Prizes up to $250!
👉New daily themes!
No tricks here! Only treats! Have you got what it takes to make it to the top? Now's your chance to show us what you do!
Below you'll find a F.A.Q. and the full rules and regulations for entering. If you have any questions feel free to ask one of the admins on Discord, or Contact us here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Competition Rules and Regulations
Please be sure to read the Rules and Regulations in full before entering the competition.
(Last updated Sept 1st 2022 at 12:24PM EST)
- Grand Prize: (1) $200 in digital gift cards
- "Beat the Admins" Stretch Goal Prize : The Grand Prize will increase by an additional $50cad to a total of $250cad if the winner also completes more valid entries than the Canadian Cosplay Community Admin team.
- Runner Up: (1) $100 in digital gift cards.
- Community Choice: (1) $25 in digital gift cards.
- Additional Prize Pool: Additional prizes may be awarded to individual entries based on creativity and effort.
How to Enter:
- Join our Discord community. If you're reading this you're already in the right place. Click here to join the discord.
- For each day in October, post a photo of yourself while in cosplay that matches the challenge of that specific day, to the #costober2022 channel of our Discord server while displaying the hashtag #costober2022. Please be sure to credit the photographer if applicable.
NOTE: Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm EST that day to be considered.
A qualifying entry must consist of all of the following to be considered valid. Any entry that does not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Photo must match the challenge of the day it is posted
- Photo must be posted in the correct #costober2022 Discord channel
- Costume must consist of at least 2 of the following cosplay requirements:
- Wig/Hair styling
- Photo and costume portrayed must be unique to that day's challenge. A competitor cannot post the same photo or costume for more than one of the challenges.
- Competitor must be holding something with #costober2022 displayed on it for verification.
- Original characters (OCs) are permitted as long as they meet the above requirements and a level of effort must be involved.
- You may only submit entries consisting of the same character a maximum of 2 times. Any other entries of the same character will be not counted towards the Grand Prize running.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if we feel it violates the spirit of the competition.
This competition is open to Canadian residents aged 13 or higher. Only one entry per person per day. Any entries submitted from anyone residing outside of Canada or under the age of 13 will be disqualified. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we believe they are in violation of any of the above.
Members of the Canadian Cosplay Community Admin and Moderation teams are not eligible to be awarded any prizes. However their entries will be counted in order to determine the number of qualifying entries required to be eligible for the "Beat the Admins" stretch goal prize.
In order to qualify as a potential Grand Prize winner, the competitor must complete a minimum of (5) qualifying entries. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of competitors.
Winners we be selected based on the following criteria:
- Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will be awarded to the competitor that completes the most qualifying entries. The potential winner must complete a skill testing question to be awarded a prize. In the case that the potential winner is unable to be contacted to claim their prize, or declines their prize for any reason, the competitor with the next most qualifying entries will be chosen.
- Runner Up: The runner up prize will be awarded to the competitor with the next most qualifying entries. Runner up must complete a skill testing question in order to be awarded their prize. In the case that the runner up is unable to be contacted to claim their prize, or declines their prize for any reason, the competitor with the next most qualifying entries will be chosen.
- Community Choice: The competitor who receives the most unique discord reactions on their entries will be awarded the Community Choice prize.
In the unlikely case of a tie between 2 or more competitors, the potential winner will be chosen by the judges based upon which competitor put forth the most amount of effort, creativity and dedication to their entries overall.
"Beat the Admins" Stretch Goal;
If the Grand Prize winner also submits more Qualified Entries than the Canadian Cosplay Community admin team, they will be awarded the additional prize amount specified.
The actual number of qualified entries required to "Beat the Admins" will vary based on the number of entries submitted by the Canadian Cosplay Community admin team.