Everybody knows that 2020 has been a drag and that with all the conventions cancelled motivation to cosplay has been hard to come by. So we've decided to have a fun little competition to help get those creative juices flowing again!
Are you familiar with the concept of "Costober"? Basically each day of October a cosplay photo challenge is issues. People who wish to take part in Costober post photos of themselves in costume for as many of those challenges as they can. Normally there is no prize as it's meant to be a personal challenge, but we figured it would be fun to make a competition out of it! I mean, who doesn't like getting a reward for their hard work?
Below you'll find a F.A.Q. and the full rules and regulations for entering. If you have any questions feel free to ask one of the admins on Discord, or Contact us here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Competition Rules and Regulations
Please be sure to read the Rules and Regulations in full before entering the competition.
(Last updated September 10th 2020 at 6:24PM EST)
- Grand Prize: (1) $25cad digital gift card of choice (Arda Wigs, Amazon Etc...)
- "Beat the Admins" Stretch Goal Prize : The Grand Prize will increase by an additional $25cad to a total of $50cad if the winner also completes more valid entries than the Canadian Cosplay Community Admin team.
- Runner Up: (1) Kamui Cosplay digital book or pattern of choice (up to $10cad maximum)
How to Enter:
- Join our Discord community. If you're reading this you're already in the right place. Click here to join the discord.
- Each day in October post a photo of yourself while in cosplay, that matches the challenge of that specific day, to the #costober channel of our Discord server while holding a piece of paper with the hashtag #costober2020. Please be sure to credit the photographer if applicable.
A qualifying entry must consist of all of the following to be considered valid. Any entry that does not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Photo must match the challenge of the day it is posted
- Photo must be posted in the correct #costober Discord channel
- Costume must consist of at least 2 of the following cosplay requirements:
- Wig/Hair styling
- Photo and costume portrayed must be unique to that day's challenge. A competitor cannot post the same photo for more than one of the challenges.
- Competitor must be holding something with #costober2020 written on it for verification
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if we feel it violates the spirit of the competition.
This competition is open to Canadian residents aged 13 or higher. Only one entry per person per day. Any entries submitted from anyone residing outside of Canada or under the age of 13 will be disqualified. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we believe they are in violation of any of the above.
Members of the Canadian Cosplay Community Admin and Moderation teams are not eligible to be awarded any prizes. However their entries will be counted in order to determine the number of qualifying entries required to be eligible for the "Beat the Admins" stretch goal prize.
In order to qualify as a potential winner, the competitor must complete a minimum of (5) qualifying entries. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of competitors.
Winners we be selected based on the following criteria:
- Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will be awarded to the competitor that completes the most qualifying entries. In the case of a tie between 2 or more competitors, the potential winner will be chosen at random. Potential winner must complete a skill testing question to be awarded a prize. In the case that the potential winner is unable to be contacted to claim their prize, or declines their prize for any reason, the competitor with the next most qualifying entries will be chosen.
- Runner Up: The runner up prize will be awarded to the competitor with the next most qualifying entries. Runner up must complete a skill testing question in order to be awarded their prize. In the case that the runner up is unable to be contacted to claim their prize, or declines their prize for any reason, the competitor with the next most qualifying entries will be chosen.
"Beat the Admins" Stretch Goal;
If the Grand Prize winner also submits more Qualified Entries than the Canadian Cosplay Community admin team, they will be awarded the additional prize amount specified.
The actual number of qualified entries required to "Beat the Admins" will vary based on the number of entries submitted by the Canadian Cosplay Community admin team.
By entering this contest you grant the Canadian Cosplay Community explicit consent to use your submitted image, username, instagram handle and/or likeness on both Instagram, the Canadian Cosplay Community Discord server and the Canadian Cosplay Community website for the purposes of promoting this (and future) contest(s) and to provide updates to the community. If you require to opt out of this for any reason please contact [email protected]